Join Our Team
Like the sound of Auddy? Come and join us.
Auddy is a rapidly growing business and we are always looking for exceptional talent to join. Working in podcasting means being part of the fastest-growing media sector.
You can proudly be yourself here. Meet our Team
Our people make Auddy a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Our team works remotely (for now) and we actively encourage flexibility to allow our team to balance work and life commitments.
Follow us on LinkedIn to be the first to hear of any new roles.
Role: Production Manager
Reporting to: Radio Wolfgang Managing Director
Salary: £50k pro rata
3 days per week
• Ownership of all operational, logistical and administrative aspects of the Company’s audio productions – and other key administrative components of our business.
• Developing, managing and reporting on production budgets and schedules – and on some non-production budget lines.
• Sourcing, interviewing and hiring crew and talent – including freelancers contributors and permanent staff.
• Reviewing creative treatments and proposals with the Director of Programmes, MD, Executive Producers and other key team members.
• Interaction with Clients’ representatives – who may be creative, commercial, administrative and/or in an executive role, depending on the matter to be addressed and/or the stage in each project’s lifecycle at which the interaction is occurring;
• Owning contractual discussion and the structure of agreements with talent and contributors. • In close coordination with Auddy’s Finance team, management of all invoicing and other accounting functions, ensuring timely settlement of Radio Wolfgang’s financial commitments.
• Ensuring that the Executive Producer or other person leading each new production is equipped with tools, templates and other helpful assets.
• Arranging – studio bookings; equipment bookings and purchases; access to third party services and to licensed software, libraries and other resources; local and wider range travel and transportation; benefits for talent and contributors etc.
• Designing and maintaining systems and processes that will ensure that the MD is aware of the progress of every project, that any issues are flagged as soon as possible after they are identified.
• Ensuring compliance with all applicable internal and external (including Government or other mandated) regulations and policies that affect the production process, the identification or hiring of resources or the billing and delivery of projects.
• Forging and maintaining strong working relationships with colleagues in other areas of the Auddy family – to (for example) ensure
• (i) the smooth and efficient set up of podcast hosting, artwork
• (ii) development and other logistic elements,
• (iii) clarity regarding data required from Radio Wolfgang projects,
• Managing – and keeping track of – Company-owned physical assets.
• Acting as a sounding board and advocate for team members if and when issues arise and need to be addressed – dealing with matters personally and/or escalating them as appropriate to each situation
What we are looking for:
• Someone who genuinely loves podcasts and audio-centric production;
• A driver – who gets things done and is willing to adapt strategies and tactics to function effectively;
• A person who really cares about quality – as it relates to the creative product and to the infrastructure and processes that are critical to the delivery of that product; • Great communication skills, written and verbal;
• Previous experience (at least 3 years) within a formal audio production management role – preferably in podcasting;
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline driven production environment – including when teams and team members are not located centrally;
• Focus and attention to detail – taking care that all work delivered to Clients, the MD and to colleagues is of the highest quality;
• Ability to plan and prioritise effectively – while having in mind also the morale and well-being of the team;
• Proficiency in creating, reviewing and updating documents and spreadsheets (note that, currently, we use both Microsoft and Google documentation platforms); • The ability to work independently as well as to lead a team – with strong organisational skills and with passion and enthusiasm;
• Resilience and demonstrated determination – always with a proactive and positive stance; • Candidates who are both approachable and authoritative – not afraid to challenge others when that is needed, but who are careful to do so in a manner that encourages progress and meeting shared objectives and does not demotivate;
• Someone who enjoys working with people and cares about diversity in all of its aspects.
DEADLINE: October 10th 2022